Learn how we are keeping you safe
We understand that the decision to travel is a hard on right now, and our Wyndham Garden Calgary Airport team is doing everything we can to put guest and staff safety first. When you are ready to travel again, we are waiting to safely welcome you! We want your stay to be as easy and worry-free as possible. Your health & safety our one of our top priorities. As the situation around Covid 19 continues to evolve, so does our response.
We follow all of Alberta Public Health Best Practice policies, and as such, have had to adjust certain services and amenities.
- We wash our hands with soap and water often, sneeze and cough into our elbow, and social distance. We use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
- We wear gloves as needed, and follow proper removal protocol and wash hands thoroughly/use hand sanitizer immediately after removal.
- We have plexi-glass sneeze guards at our front desk.
- We have hand sanitizing stations at our front desk.
- Team members are only allowed to work if healthy. Anyone who exhibits any flu type symptoms, or feels unwell, self-isolates for at least 10 days. If any symptoms are that of Covid19 they will contact AB Health regarding testing.
- As we implement new processes to protect the safety of our guests and team members, this results in non-essential services such our pool, hot tub, fitness room and library area being temporarily closed.
- Freeport Food & Drink, our delectable restaurant and lounge, is temporarily closed. We are offering Free Grab & Go Breakfast bags for our guests until we reopen our food services. For your safety, items in the breakfast bag are pre-packaged. Grab & Go Breakfast bags are available at the front desk.
- Our housekeepers take pride in the cleanliness of our property, and pay high attention to detail. Our housekeeping team is thoroughly trained by our managers, as well as through information and training sessions from our suppliers and Wyndham. During this pandemic, we have implemented a more rigorous and thorough cleaning and disinfecting process in addition to our already high standard cleaning practices. Our housekeepers have assisted in further training our other teams to thoroughly understand the sanitizing and disinfecting procedures that need to be followed, and with an increased frequency.
- All of our cleaning and disinfecting products are hospital grade, and we follow manufacturer’s instructions for contact (dwell) time to ensure thorough cleaning and disinfecting.
- Cross contamination is avoided by cleaning from clean to dirty, and using clean rags each time.
- High touch areas in common/public areas are cleaned at least every four hours, usually much more often. High touch areas are: light switches, power switches, TV controls, remote controls, door handles and push plates, in-room safety latch and peep hole, soap and paper towel dispensers, toilet paper dispensers, fridge doors, faucets, toilet flush levers, drapery pull handles, desk chairs, elevator button panels, trash receptacle doors, credit card machines, bank machines, business centre computers and keyboards, luggage carts, safe combination key pads, keys and pens that are handled by guest are sanitized after each use.
- We have temporarily removed all non-essential items from rooms to avoid additional touch points which could lead to cross-contamination. These items include newspapers, magazines, paper, TV instruction card, pillow cards, marketing materials and pens.
- With our lower occupancy, our housekeeping team is deep cleaning rooms and common areas with greater frequency.
- We are resting rooms for at least 48 hours between guests.